Fix the new shortcut: (Click and roll to see full instructions)
-New: You will find it necessary to update the target location on the new shortcut that the "MadPack Installer" created for you only if you have installed Insane in a location other than the default of C:\Codemasters\Insane.
- Locate the shortcut on your desktop - Right click and select "Properties"
- Click the "Find Target" button - you can allow Windows to locate the file for you or you can navigate to where you installed the MadPack and locate the “MadPack-Random-Updater 2.7.cmd”. Select this file and click OK and click Apply. Your shortcut should now be pointing to the correct location and you will be able to launch the "MadPack Updater" directly from your desktop.
Create a desktop shortcut:
Read these instructions if you need to manually create a custom desktop shortcut to the “MadPack Updater”.
-Locate the “MadPack-Random Updater 2.7.cmd” in your Codemasters\Insane\MadPack Folder.
- Right click on it and select Send To> Desktop (create shortcut).
- To add our MadPack icon to the shortcut - right click the desktop shortcut you just created
- Select Properties. On the “Shortcut” tab
- Click the “Change Icon” button.
- Click “OK” when the window pops open telling you to choose an icon.
- Click the “Browse” button and direct it to the Codemasters\Insane\MadPack folder.
- Select the “Insane[MP].ico” and click “Open”. - Click “OK”. - Click “Apply”.
- Right click on the desktop shortcut and select “Rename” to change the name to “MadPack Updater”.
Now you have a distinctive shortcut right on your desktop to a very simple interface allowing you to switch between our reverse maps and the original maps as well as 3 different random map generators!! Simply double click this shortcut any time you want a change and select the type of maps you want to race on!
What could be easier? In this way you can easily please the crowd who do not like to see people going the wrong way around the map and yet have some fun with those who enjoy the challenge or those who also have the reverse maps. You can, also, now enjoy Fat Alfie’s FARM randoms or go for a spin on the original random maps then easily switch back to the more common TRM1 random maps!!!